[PD] potentially n00bish question, confused about cross platform gate?

doktorp doktorp at mac.com
Wed Jul 14 18:56:38 CEST 2004

Hi.

forgive me for this one, but im confused. Im working on a patch that
uses gate, on OS X. pretty standard:

dkp$ /usr/local/bin/pd -version
reading startup file: /Users/dkp/.pdrc
Pd version 0.37.1
compiled 08:32:43 Mar  4 2004

[gate 15]

I get 15 outlets and I send an in to the outlet I want open. happy joy.
However i sent the patch to someone running PD on linux, their gate
only has one output. is it possible I have somehow installed a 3rd
party gate (or they have?) Am I insane?

I dont have a [switch] (which is usually the max object id use..).

This one must be obvious, so im probably missing something (or they
are.. ?).  oh well.

thoughts? thanks.

doktorp

http://homepage.mac.com/doktorp/