[PD] potentially n00bish question, confused about cross platform gate?

doktorp doktorp at mac.com
Wed Jul 14 19:46:32 CEST 2004

my .pdrc doesnt have any other gate specified, however I do have a
gate.pd_darwin in my extra(s), but that has always been there with my
install of PD. (at least with 0.37.1).

since it seems my 'gate' object is non-standard, 1) why is it included
in the OS X installer package, if it can potentially break others
patches/not work with their PD?. 2) where can one get either switch (im
not using msp chains so I dont/cant use switch~) or the version of gate
that allows for n>2 outlets with an int specified for the selected
outlet to open and 0 to close all? 3) see points 1. and 2. =)

sorry to be a pain, id just like to know that if I distribute a patch
it will work!

thanks all.

doktorp

http://homepage.mac.com/doktorp/