[PD] readanysf~ for os x

august august at alien.mur.at
Wed Jul 14 23:03:33 CEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Etienne Desautels wrote:

> and i was wondering if you have release the OS X version and if there's
> a binary somewhere? Right now I'm using sfread~ to play some sound
> files because I need to be able to loop, seek and start to play the
> file quickly but the seek function doesn't seem to work. So I would
> like to use readanysf~ !

Etienne,

yes, the new  0.13 release has succesfully been compiled and tested on
OSX.

However, I don't have the time to make a OSX package or binary.
I know some on the list have it already running on OSX, so maybe they can
give you binary if they have it.

you will need gcc (comes with Xcode):
download and "./configure, make, make install" the following:
	libsamplerate
	libmad
	libogg
	libvorbis
	libflac
you will also need to install  flext somewhere.

then, for readanysf~, do another "./configure", and "make"

wish there weren't so many dependancies, but that's how it is right now.

best of luck -august.