[PD] readanysf~ for os x

Etienne Desautels titi at sat.qc.ca
Fri Jul 16 01:40:18 CEST 2004

Thanks August and Nick,

as you said August the Nick's binary is dynamically linked to all the
libs, so to works, we have to put all the libraries in the good places.
I didn't want to do that, so I tried to recompile it with just flext
and libsamplerate but without success.

First I did:
./configure --with-pd-dir=/usr/local/pd-0.37-1/src/

and after 'make'

and I get this error:
make  all-recursive
Making all in src
source='main.cpp' object='main.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/main.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/main.TPo' \
depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../depcomp \
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/local/include/
-I/usr/local/lib/pd/flext/ -I../include/  -DUNIX -Wno-deprecated -Wall
-Wimplicit -Wunused -Wmissing-prototypes -O3
-I/usr/local/pd-0.37-1/src/  -DFLEXT_SYS=2  -DFLEXT_THREADS
-DFLEXT_SHARED        -c -o main.o `test -f 'main.cpp' || echo
'./'`main.cpp
main.cpp: In member function `void readanysf::m_child()':
main.cpp:367: error: parse error before `(' token
main.cpp:371: error: parse error before `(' token
main.cpp:375: error: parse error before `(' token
make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

After that I finally decided to install the Nick's binary and all the
libs at the good place for the binary, and it works well!

About the proper way on a Mac to distribute a binary, I think it's to
built it with all the libs included in it. That's because on os X
there's no standard place to put the libs. It depends if you use fink
or darwinport or build it by hand. The other way is to distribute a
package that will install the binary plus all the libs at the good
places. Just my 2 cents...

Etienne