[PD] mouse or keyboard in

Lex Ein lex_ein at f-m.fm
Sat Jul 17 17:38:07 CEST 2004

Zozizosu-
If you haven't already solved the problem, Windows XP includes some
"Accessibility" features
which may help in an odd way.
Start: Control Panel: Accessibility Options
 SerialKey devices - accepts formatted data through the serial port to
perform mouse and keyboard actions.

If you have TWO extra serial ports and a crossover cable between them,
and the [com2000] Pd object, Pd could
1. Accept serial data from an arbitrary device (a Bird on Com3, say),
parse the data,
2. output SerialKey commands out through Com2,
3. to the SerialKey port at Com1 (default port),
which would move XP's GUI mouse around the screen, and press keys, as
you wish..

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260739
Here are the specifications for Serial Key devices::
http://trace.wisc.edu/docs/gidei/gidei.htm

Lex