[PD] linux audio hardware

gerard van dongen gml at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 20 17:13:44 CEST 2004

AFAIK, firewire is not yet supported, although you might be able to get it
to work with jack. Let's call it untested at best.
Does it have to be either USB or Firewire? There are a lot of nice pci
cards with multi channel support, f.i. those based on the envy24 chips.
USB is not really ideal for audio, especially multichannel. That would
probably require USB 2, and which means you need kernel 2.6 (I think)
which can be difficult to set up for good audio performance.

Gerard