[PD] transparent video or: how to concatenate strings?

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Wed Jul 21 13:26:46 CEST 2004

andreithomaz wrote:
> hello list,
>
> I am using GEM on WindowsXP. I would like to mix videos with
> transparency (that is, with alpha channel). But I cann't find a codec
> that supports that. Do you know anyone?

How do you mean that, do you just want to blend video into each other?
No problem with that, you can add an alpha blending to each Gem stream.
Something like

[gemhead 50]

[color 1 1 1 0.5]

[alpha]

[pix_movie]

[square 4]

makes one videotexture half transparent (the 0.5 is it),
double it and put another number in gemhead, 51 maybe, for the other video.

> A way to solve the problem would be to show a image sequence (PNG files
> with 32 bit color). But, for that, I would have to transform a number
> into a string, and concatenate it with a string (for exemple, "frame" +
> number + ".png"). Is it possible to make that?
>
> thanks a lot,
> andrei

But maybe I miss the point of your mail...

Malte

--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

next event/ lecture:
pure-data workshop 24.-25. july BEK, Bergen, Norway
new releases:
elektronengehirn
softwareart on cdr magazine tinah#2: http://www.thisisnotahomepage.com