[PD] external loading suggestion

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Wed Jul 21 16:39:25 CEST 2004

Lex Ein wrote:

> But it sure seems like encouraging "libraryname_objectname" aliases as
> in maxlib would go a long way to avoiding
> and providing a user-side method to resolve nameclashes, and allowing
> simultaneous (within the same patch or abstraction) usage of objects
> with identical root objectnames.  Without "changing a line of code",
> by the way.

I agree. By changing the code, possibly extend the thing by having
libraryname:objectname being an optional way of referring to objectname.
At the moment I am impeded from using a lot of objects in pd by not
knowing where they  are, as some seem to be integrated into pd, others
are in the externs, others in extras, others invisible inside libs...
In the patcher file itself, libraryname:objectname should be used for
every object that is actually part of a library. The internal objects
would be pd:objectname, then the loose ones would be extra:objectname,
externs:objectname or somesuch.
...?

Martin