[PD] Channel output

Bradon Webb amodiuslonodium at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 22:49:00 CEST 2004

hello,

can anyone tell me what the proper syntax for getting
pd to recognize all my output channels from my
soundcard.  I recently got a 410 m-audio firewire card
with 10 outputs.  This is how I have my .bat file
configured for channels.

set PD_CHANNELS= -channels 6 %PD_CHANNELS%

I don't necessarily need all 10 outputs right now,
just 4.  What I am getting is output on channels 1 & 2
from my old built in soundcard, plus two output
channels 1 & 2 from my firewire card. (which is
actually the 3 & 4 output within pd)  and there is no
output on channels 5 & 6.  I assume there may be a way
to prioritize the firewire card over the built in
soundcard and to specify the use of 4 channels with
the firewire.

do I need a command within the .bat to set the audio
device to the m-audio?

thanks,
bradon