[PD] setable values

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Fri Jul 23 18:27:35 CEST 2004

Miller Puckette wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I can't remember if I mentioned this, but I want to make future versions
>of Pd allow users to rename built-in objects via the command line so that
>you could run "pd -rename value sauerbraten" and then load a "value"
>external without incident.

but wont this make patches much much less portable?  if you get used to
using these flags, in order to tell someone else how to use your patch
not only will you have to have a list of which externals you use, but
also which individual objects you subsitute out on the command line.
chances are it will come up that you wont be able to run patches
designed by two different people (who have different substitution flags)
at the same time in the same instance of pd.