[PD] setable values

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Jul 23 21:45:48 CEST 2004

> So, I guess, the opposite way in which Max does this, is a bit safer.
> There is a mapping file, in which Tim might be willing to put a line:
>
> max objectfile value bettervalue
i'm not a big fan of this (both a mapping file and a -rename flag),
since this _will_ make pd patches uncompatible to other machines using
the same pd version.
if we do something, let us better discuss small changes that make our
life easier so that we won't need a mapping file or a -rename flag.

> Then, anybody having "bettervalue" installed, will be able to
> run Tim's patches, provided these are somehow bundled with the
> mapping (a maxer would use a "collective").  No way of using Tim's
> patches as abstractions, though...
that's the problem ... portability of patches should be our first
priority, the second priority is to be compatible to future versions,
but not neccessary to older versions...

cheers ... tim, who is really happy, that there is a discussion about
developing pd not about organizing development.

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs