[PD] Buffer Type Question

Stefan Turner stefan_turner at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 24 18:06:36 CEST 2004

Hi
I think what Chris meant (correct me if wrong) was
freezing a delay line so that the read and write
pointers stay as they are and nothing new is written:
then for example a vd~ on a frozen delay line with
delay going from 1sec to 0sec over 1sec would have the
same effect as delread~ on unfrozen delay line with
delay of 1sec. This can sort of be done using a normal
buffer instead, but it would be nice to just be able
to send a 'freeze' (or whatever) message to a
delwrite~ instead.

Rather than making a new external to do this, how
difficult would it be to add this functionality to
delay lines as they are? If they are circular buffers,
surely it is just a case of freezing the pointers...?
Just an idea anyways.

Stefan

Message: 4