[PD] Buffer Type Question

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jul 24 18:31:36 CEST 2004

Stefan Turner wrote:
> Hi
> I think what Chris meant (correct me if wrong) was
> freezing a delay line so that the read and write
> pointers stay as they are and nothing new is written:
> then for example a vd~ on a frozen delay line with
> delay going from 1sec to 0sec over 1sec would have the
> same effect as delread~ on unfrozen delay line with
> delay of 1sec. This can sort of be done using a normal
> buffer instead, but it would be nice to just be able
> to send a 'freeze' (or whatever) message to a
> delwrite~ instead.

if i read the question correctly then:
how do you create your delay going from 1s to 0s in 1000ms ?
most probably you will use [line~] to control [vd~]
and what if you could send a [stop( message to [line~] to freeze the
delay-amount ?
and what if this has been implemented into [line~] since i know it
(which is probably *very* long)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes