[PD] lost messages (toxy vs. pd ???)

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat Jul 24 18:49:45 CEST 2004

> you seem to be sending an empty list -- check if this is the case
> with an explicit 'list' message.  This is usually a synonim for 'bang'
> (e.g. if sent to a [print]), but not always (e.g. not for a [v], which
> ignores it).
wait ... if i understand it correctly, a bang is represented by either
an empty list or a "bang" message, the function class_addbang is only
working for the message bang...
"print" is also using the class_addlist function that's working for
empty lists, too...

for me that's a bug in the _language_ pd ... since it can take hours to
figure that out ...

anyway, thanks for the explanation ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs