[PD] readanysf~0.13 compile again

august august at alien.mur.at
Tue Jul 27 00:44:36 CEST 2004

> ./configure --with-flext-dir=/usr/local/lib/pd/flext/

yeah, sorry, that's the way to add the flext dir to the config script.

> However, PD will not load it:
>
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/readanysf~.pd_linux: libflext.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>  readanysf~
> .. couldn't create

this is the problem I thought you were having (and I've had)

no matter what my /etc/ld.so.conf says and no matter how many times I run
ldconfig, I still cannot get dynamically linked flext objects to run when
the flext libs reside somewhere other than /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib

the only suggestion I have for now is to put the flext libs in
/usr/local/lib
that should take care of it for the time being.

don't really know why this is.

-august.