[PD] navier stokes...

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Wed Jul 28 17:48:33 CEST 2004

hello,

what do you exactly want to modeled? navier stokes equation are very
complex and can be used to modeled lots of things like the acoustik of
an organ or the whole earth atmosphere...

I think implementing navier stokes equations in gem is a big work, and
to make it work in real time is quite impossible :
profesional software like fluent does not work in real time, even for
small system.

in some very special case, the navier stokes equation got an explicit
solution (most of the case, it's  highly chaotic). in that specific
case, it's not so hard to draw the solution in real time with gem.
there is a try in the pmpd exemples :
exemple 19, 20 and 21 are a modelisation of a specific solution of
navier stokes equation in a 2D field.
(to try them, you have to get the pmpd lib : on the cvs or at
http://drpichon.free.fr/pmpd)

hope that help,
cyrille