[PD] lost messages (toxy vs. pd ???)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 28 19:00:21 CEST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Tim Blechmann wrote:

> interpreting empty lists as bangs, is at least a decent way to solve
> this, although i would try to figure out, where empty lists appear (e.g.
> route) and try to replace them with bangs...
> maybe there is a way to forbid that objects can send empty lists at
> all...

There are many algorithms that rely on empty lists, for example, to
indicate the end of the computation, when removing elements one after the
other, or as a starting case, when adding elements.

Therefore I cannot approve anything like getting rid of empty lists. I
already have trouble digesting that Pd doesn't want to make a difference
between a one-float list and a plain float.