[PD] pdp and webcams

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Wed Jul 28 18:50:02 CEST 2004

Yeah, I have the same glitch sometimes. Sometimes reloading the driver
(modprobe remove pwc, pwcx then modprobe it back in) gets rid of the glitch.
Also make sure it's on a high speed USB port. My computer has four ports,
but I think only three buses, so two of the ports are full speed USB 2.0 and
the others are one fullspeed split in two (or at least that's what it seems
like, I haven't verified this). Or maybe futzing with pwcx will help. It
seems to happen to me after I've opened a connection to the camera and then
closed it, then the next time I connect it's glitchy, so trying to not
disconnect, but rather just hiding it might help too.

Cheers,
Ian