[PD] image flashing

aym3ric stm-sq at bleu255.com
Thu Jul 29 20:20:21 CEST 2004

linux ? webcam flash ?
was discussed just yesterday, here's a paste from my last mail

---

yeah same problem here, never found out why ...
looks like the device is not closed properly ...

anyway the workaround (no need to use modprobe):
- glitches
- quit pd
- unplug the cam
- replug the cam
- start pd
- glitches are gone

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:50:02 -0400
"Ian Smith-Heisters" <heisters at 0x09.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I have the same glitch sometimes. Sometimes reloading the driver
> (modprobe remove pwc, pwcx then modprobe it back in) gets rid of the
> glitch. Also make sure it's on a high speed USB port. My computer has
> four ports, but I think only three buses, so two of the ports are full
> speed USB 2.0 and the others are one fullspeed split in two (or at
> least that's what it seems like, I haven't verified this). Or maybe
> futzing with pwcx will help. It seems to happen to me after I've
> opened a connection to the camera and then closed it, then the next
> time I connect it's glitchy, so trying to not disconnect, but rather
> just hiding it might help too.
>
> Cheers,
> Ian