[PD] depthfirst and openpanel

kristof lauwers kristof.lauwers at logosfoundation.org
Fri Jul 30 10:51:39 CEST 2004

hello list,

if i understand the helppatch ./doc/2.control.examples/08.depthfirst.pd
right, with a [t b b], the first outlet should only give a bang after the
bang from the second outlet has passed through the complete chain of
objects connected to it.
now i have an [openpanel] connected to the second outlet, and the first
trigger outlet outputs a bang before i selected a file in the openpanel,
although the bang that serves as an input to the trigger stays colored
(meaning it is not 'finished' i presume) until i have selected a file..
(euh.. i hope you're following.. click the bang in the attached patch and
see what happens..)

i know i can solve this by putting the trigger further in the chain after
openpanel. just thought it is a curious behaviour, and i wonder if it is
intended. if so, maybe it should go in the documentation of openpanel?

greetings,

xof

kristof.lauwers at logosfoundation.org

http://kristoflauwers.de.vu