[PD] newbie ? - quantize controller data

matthew jones m.jones at signal.qinetiq.com
Tue Aug 3 18:07:50 CEST 2004

Hi Mark,
your application sounds like a perfect use for pd!

haven't got much time to spare so just passing some thoughts.  you should be
able to do all that you want to by using built in objects and manually doing
it.  For example, use moses to determine what region you are in (or [select]
for discrete bins).  Then save what region you are in with a [value] object;
next time it receives a number, plug the 'region' number into [change] and
if it is different this will output, so use the output of the change to
trigger a reaction.  This reaction can then find out if it is higher or
lower.

regards,

Matt

http://www.loopit.org/