[PD] libquicktime and pdp

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Wed Aug 4 15:18:52 CEST 2004

Well, I'm still having trouble compiling pdp. I don't have the GSL stuff
so I tried ./configure --enable-gsl=no and the configuration goes fine,
but when I make, it still tries to make the matrix stuff and fails. I'm
still working on it but any advice would be welcome.

Pall

On mið, 2004-08-04 at 12:47, Yves Degoyon wrote:
> oh yes, maybe but with recent libquicktime, you'll run into problems at
> run-time;
> i still recommend libquicktime 0.9.1,
> for it has been tested.
>
> it's not perfect but ok.
>
> i'm sticking now to add theora support in pidip.
>
> suerte,
> sevy
>
> Pall Thayer wrote:
>
> >Once again, I've answered my own question. Anyone who runs into this
> >problem... install the libquicktime developers package, not plain
> >libquicktime.
> >
> >best,
> >Pall
> >
> >On mið, 2004-08-04 at 10:59, Pall Thayer wrote:
> >

> >>'lo all,
> >>I'm having problems. Trying to install pdp+pidip on my linux (fedora
> >>core 2) laptop. I installed libquicktime from an rpm package from
> >>freshrpms. All went as it should. But when I try to ./configure pdp, it
> >>says it can't find lqt_decode_video. I've looked all over and this
> >>doesn't exist anywhere on my computer. libquicktime is in /usr/lib and
> >>contains a few lqt_whatever but no lqt_decode_video. Anyone know what
> >>this all means and how to remedy the situation?
> >>
> >>Pall

Pall Thayer
artist/teacher
http://www.this.is/pallit