[PD] Status and usability of vst~

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Wed Aug 4 17:18:36 CEST 2004

i found this on http://devdsp.net/index.pl?main=categories&category=48

PD vst~ is Dead
by koolym on 2002-06-21 08:01:32

Pure-Data.org reports Mark Williamson's vst~ object (that lets you run
VST effects and instruments from within PD) has officially been declared
dead. The reason? Mark doesn't have enough time to maintain it
properly.It seems to be yanked from pure-data.org's download page as
well. If you nevertheless want it, you'll have to get it from
SourceForge and compile it yourself.

Which, I can attest to, isn't the easiest thing in the world to do when
you're on Windows. Getting MSVC++ to output anything other than regular
Windows apps is a royal pain in the butt.