[PD] streamin~ for windows (bug)

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Mon Aug 9 16:18:50 CEST 2004

guenter geiger wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, smoerk wrote:
>
>>>I was planning add multichannel and lossless compression support, but
>>>I don't know when this will happen.
>>>
>>>Guenter
>>
>>of course nobody is using them, because they don't work on windows and
>>on unix it only supports one channel. ;-)
>

> Sorry, I don't get the joke :(

I cannot find the message i replied to. This shouldn't be a reply to the
quote. IIRC, you wrote that you don't know that anyone is using the
streamin~ externals and I replied that they are not used, because they
don't work very well and are not very useful without multi-channel
support (IMHO). I tried all the different versions of streamio(13)~ and
posted several times messages to the list about this in the last 2
years, but nothing happened since then.

this is not a complaint! i know this is open-source software... :-)

but it'S still a problem with Pd that there are too many externals
scattered in the net, outdated and not maintained anymore. sometimes
with same names and slightly different behaviour. i know you are aware
of this problem (the CVS is a huge improvement). But Pd is still a
user's nightmare.

Where is the bug tracker?