[PD] swig<>pyext

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Aug 10 07:30:59 CEST 2004

Hi,
what you describe is one of the target of the dyn project.
Currently, as a proof of concept, there is a rather simple dyn~ object which
allows message-based interaction with PD objects inside a special
ontainer  - the messages can also be generated with pyext.
The next step is a library (actually more like an API for PD object
management) which is then complemented by a Python module. It's in the works
and not even halfway finished. Please have some patience.

best greetings,
Thomas

> having quickly ended up with quite a mess of toxy messageboxes and
'route's, wondering if it is possible (or shall we say 'relatively simple')
to use Swig as a glue between c/c++ externals (or internals..) and python
(or tcl,ruby,)?

>  for example,, it would be cool to be able to do a
pool.getrec('pool1','subdir43') or
obj('rcvname').value(12.2344)l;obj('rcv2').bang() for all methods of the
currently instantiated pd objects (not sure how youd refer to them wo
snd/rcv names. x023934 is kind of cryptic, perhaps some subpatch::top to
bottom right>left reference order...)  just trying to figure out how to
clean up the spaghetti mess a bit....