[PD] Channel output

David NG McCallum d at mentalfloss.ca
Tue Aug 10 04:22:35 CEST 2004

Bradon,

Try running pd.exe -listdev to take a look at the audio devices
available to Pd. If you're using ASIO you should do -asio -listdev. Then
in your .bat, or in the command line specify -audiodev 1,3,5 (or
whatever numbers and order you want) according to the numbers that
-listdev gave you, which should be the stereo pairs of your card (as I
remember my m-audio quattro was like that).

I do seem to remember some problem with the numbers a while back in
Windows, though, where they were 1 out of place, so that a device listed
by -listdev as "0" was actually -audiodev 1. But I haven't used Pd in
windows in a while, so that may have been fixed.

Hope that helps,

David
Music wants to be free   http://sintheta.org