[PD] please cancel my membership on this list

Lex Ein lex_ein at f-m.fm
Tue Aug 10 19:07:56 CEST 2004

1. Bloated .sig signatures desensitize people to any and all
"below the line" text.

2. 1 topic per posting, and reply-on-top allow efficient handling
of list mail.  An unfortunate side effect is that the list footer is lost
at the bottom.

3. The signature should have fewer lines, bolder, full width, and
multi-lingual.  Suggestion:

4. The polite technique is a reply to the person only, with ONLY the
list footer.

Lex