[PD] Re: [PD-announce] pool 0.2.0 - a hierarchical storage object

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Aug 11 00:52:51 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Josh Steiner hat gesagt: // Josh Steiner wrote:

> a question about this... if i have an abstraction fileio.pd that uses
> pool, then i have a song1.pd which is a song that uses a [fileio] object
> in it, and they are both in different directories (every song of mine is
> kept in its own folder to keepthings neat) will the pool save file end
> up in the fileio.pd directory, or the song1.pd directory?

Just try it. ;)

Now seriously: I tested this with a slightly older pool from CVS (but
tagged 0.2.0something) It saves in the directory of [fileio]. I don't
see how an abstraction could know in which other patch it is used and
what the directory of this patch is, but maybe there is a way.
Generally I would recommend to stick to absolute paths where possible
because of this. At least I expect this for Memento.

Ciao