[PD] Re: [PD-announce] pool 0.2.0 - a hierarchical storage object

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Wed Aug 11 21:37:40 CEST 2004

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>Hallo,
>Josh Steiner hat gesagt: // Josh Steiner wrote:
>

>>it is a usability problem for systems like bitvitriol (my perf env) and
>>rrradical if you try to share songs with other people, since the
>>hardcoded absolute path's will be wrong when you move the song
>>anywhere.  that being said, i dont know a solution (yet) ...
>>

>Well, in RRADical you normally select the pool file to load with
>openpanel, which returns full paths.
>
>Ciao

which is a nice hack around the problem, but name another major song
writing environment that you have to remind where the songs meta data
lives every time you move the folder :)  right now in bitvitriol you
*have* to open your song's pd file through its little openpanel wrapper
object, which then gleans the data directory from that path.... it
works, but its less than slick.