[PD] Re: [PD-announce] pool 0.2.0 - a hierarchical storage object

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Aug 11 22:04:29 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Josh Steiner hat gesagt: // Josh Steiner wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >Well, in RRADical you normally select the pool file to load with
> >openpanel, which returns full paths.
>
> which is a nice hack around the problem, but name another major song
> writing environment that you have to remind where the songs meta data
> lives every time you move the folder :)  right now in bitvitriol you
> *have* to open your song's pd file through its little openpanel wrapper
> object, which then gleans the data directory from that path.... it
> works, but its less than slick.

So you do it the same way as I do. I agree it's less than slick, but on
the other hand, major applications like Word work the same way. You
first navigate to a file you intend to work on, then you change that
file. The good thing about this is, that you can even save the file
in another location under another name. So you can keep two working
copies or even use the same patch for several pieces.

Ciao