[PD] Pd 0.37.4 app test release for MacOS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Aug 14 18:55:39 CEST 2004

So I have gotten the rough version of the new MacOS X package working.
Keep in mind that this is a test version, but it should be usable. The
aim is to have everything needed to run Pd in a Pd.app, so that you can
just drag-n-drop to install.  Plus, the long term goal is to make Pd
behave like a normal MacOS X app, but there needs to be some biggish
changes for that to happen.

http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers/

Lots of stuff has been added, including:
iemlib
pmpd
toxy

There is some stuff I would like to add, but need some help from the
respective developers:

flext (compile straight from CVS on MacOS X)
Gem (compile from the command line)
pdp (statically link for all deps)
gridflow (help compiling)

So this Pd.app is all set for the AppMain.tcl way of building a Tcl/Tk
MacOS X app.  In order for that to work, Wish Shell has to launch Pd
rather than Pd launching Wish Shell.  I started playing around with
trying to get that working but didn't get that far.  Anyone else
working on this or have some pointers?

.hc

                                     http://at.or.at/hans/