[PD] Pd 0.37.4 app test release for MacOS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Aug 17 16:25:12 CEST 2004

On Aug 17, 2004, at 5:17 AM, David Casal wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> It would be really awesome if we could get Pd to use the AppMain.tcl
>> setup working.  The only that AFAIK that needs to happen for this to
>> work is for Pd to be launched by Wish Shell.  Then we could use the
>> Tcl/Tk standalone Wish Shell package and Pd would truly be entirely
>> self-contained and would work where ever its located.
>
> Just downloaded your 0.37.4 .dmg for testing...cool work! thank you.
>
> Just one question: is it normal (I mean do you know of this behaviour
> as a bug) that on launching pd.app, the tcl/tk window traces mouse
> movement wrong? As in, the mouse pointer is approximately 100px away
> from its actual effect; so, if you try to select an object, you find
> yourself selecting something about 100px below and to the right of
> where the pointer is.

That is a bug I have run into a lot, I am not sure of the source.  But
for me, I can get rid of it by restarting Pd.  Some patches seem more
prone to having that problem than others.  Its an intermittent problem
so its hard to track down, so any info you can gather on what triggers
it or fixes it would be most helpful.

____

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.
								-David Zicarelli