[PD] getting started with OSC

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 17 17:07:39 CEST 2004

Hallo,
shreeswifty hat gesagt: // shreeswifty wrote:

> i am running the OSC responder in Sc3 and the OSC-help patch.
> Anyone got any tips/examples of them talking nice together?
> currently they are talking by midi, but so many foolks have been
> suggesting i try this.

Well, supposed they are running on the same machine then this is
"localhost" or "127.0.0.1". Now you only need to find out the port
which Supercollider is using. On my machine this is configured to be
57110.

After you found this out, you can connect using sendOSC on the Pd side
by sending sendOSC a message: like "connect localhost 57110".
Afterwards whatch the console for any errors, and then try to send
some OSC messages with Pd, to whatever targets you Supercollider
defines. ("/s_new"?) I don't know enough SC to be of more help here...

Ciao