[PD] Interfacing radio waves w pd

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Wed Aug 18 11:20:25 CEST 2004

Le 18 Août 2004 00:33, cubis at comcast.net a écrit :

> receiving using TV cards with FM tuners, that sort of thing...

Interesting.

I have a wintv card with an integrated fm tuner, and I use it with a Linux
sound input driver for alsa, so it should be compatible with pd. There's a
command line utilitity to tune the radio stations, which is easy to interface
with the shell object.

It doesn't work as expected...

Here's the list of alsa devices installed on my computer:

$ pd -alsa -listdev
input devices:
1. Sound Blaster Live! (hardware)
2. Sound Blaster Live! (plug-in)
3. Brooktree Bt878 (hardware)
4. Brooktree Bt878 (plug-in)
output devices:
1. Sound Blaster Live! (hardware)
2. Sound Blaster Live! (plug-in)
3. Brooktree Bt878 (hardware)
4. Brooktree Bt878 (plug-in)
API number 1

So I tried to add the tv card as a supplementary input:
$ pd -alsa -audioindev 1,3 -audiooutdev 1
But then pd complained:
alsa: only one input and output device allowed (extras ignored)

If I use only the tv card for input, without output, it works:
$ pd -alsa -audioindev 3 -nodac

Is there a way to use a non-symetric mixture of sound inputs and outputs?
Using jack, maybe?

--
Marc