[PD] Re: reports about vst~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Aug 18 17:44:33 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Krzysztof Czaja hat gesagt: // Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> I am very sorry for causing trouble this way.  Back in May, I have
> already renamed vst~ dummy to c74.vst~, along with some other
> classes never going to be part of cyclone.  For changes finding
> their way into installers, etc, some time is always needed,
> though...
>
> Perhaps, I have to accept the fact, that people prefer using -lib
> cyclone, instead of single classes, or hammer/sickle duo, and make
> them load the dummies library per request.

Well, it's not a fault of Cyclone. As you may remember I was bitten by
the dummy replacement of plugin~, because I was loading cyclone as a
library. I only did this to overcome the prepend nameclash with
iemlib: Loading Cyclone as library allowed me to overwrite the prepend
in iemlib, which also had to be loaded as library.

However thanks to Hans-Christoph's effort to split out the
iem-externals into single externals I now can use practically every
external needed for my (rradical) patches as single externals. The
exceptions are OSC and zexy, but to my knowledge they have no clashes,
so this is fine with me. (I don't use Gem normally.)

I can only recommend everyone to use the externals in the CVS-build
system. They solve a huge number of possible nameclash problems and
keep the .pdrc short and clean.

Ciao