[PD] trigger / pak

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 19 01:30:50 CEST 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> cdr hat gesagt: // cdr wrote:
> > btw, does there exist an equivalent of max's "pak" in pure-data? it
> > doesnt seem to be in maxlib or cyclone (that is, a "pack" that
> > outputs upon recieving something from any inlet..)
> I don't know anything like that, but you can build it using [t b a]
> objects. You could put this into an abstraction using [pack $1 $2 ...]
> if you need it more than once. Or build several abstractions, pak2,
> pak3, pak4, ... for paks using various argument counts.

In GridFlow there is a [@pack] that does it like that because I realized
that most of the time I actually wanted all inlets to be hot. Then you
prolly want to convert the resulting grid to a list using [@export_list].
Note that this will only handle integers. GridFlow 0.7.7 allows an extra
argument to [@pack] for specifying floats, but you can't make it handle
symbols.