[PD] dynamic cabling for ~s

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sat Aug 21 15:54:46 CEST 2004

Hi Carmen,

> > thomas, why is this still so ? the vst~.dll works perfect and never
crashed

> it crashes quite easily, i think almost exclusively due to a mismatch of
the specified # of in/outs vs the amount the plugin actualy wants to claim.

I would really appreciate if could you give me an example of a crashy
situation (plugin and number of ins/outs)? I can't get it crashing with my
plugins here.

> plugin~ also loads VSTs, and somehow magically resizes to fit the plugins
preferred io slots. i might try bringing this over to vst~ since otherwise
it seems vastly more feature-complete (unless i missed a help file
somewhere..)

As far as i know, adapting the number of inlets/outlets to a number of IO
slots would only be possible if the plugin name were fixed, which is not
what we/i want.

best greetings,
Thomas