[PD] bug(?): send/receive problem with gui elements

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Aug 22 22:44:08 CEST 2004

hi
>>a lot of logic is going on between all those s/r-pairs, which is hard to
>>track down especially when trigger-problems might occur.
>
> This probably is not (or not only) a trigger problem like we discussed

true. i wast just searching for "order of execution" and couldn't find
it in my head; so i was (confusingly) using "trigger-problem".

the other point was, that sometimes it is very important *where* you
place the debugging [print].
putting a print immediately before and after a branch is executed (using
e.g. [t a a a]) is often helpful in debugging such things.

my opinion of the patch (of which, as you say, we "still do not clearly
understand what the patch *should* do in the end"), is probably best
expressed with "to iterate is human, to recurse, divine" (and i do not
think that recursion is an appropriate tool for the given problem (as i
understand it))

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes