[PD] Pd 0.37 for IRIX and bug in u_pdreceive.c

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 22 23:07:42 CEST 2004

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Arie van Schutterhoef wrote:
> >is there a GEM for IRIX??
> -I found an old one.
>  Not sure whether it'll run with 0.37...
>  Also not sure if it's possible to
>  get Mathieu Bouchard's gridflow under
>  Irix working...

I've seen GridFlow 0.7.x run on OSX/PPC, Solaris/SPARC, and I just got it
to run on a ARM-V4L without adding anything ARM-specific, so I guess a
SGI/MIPS/Irix port wouldn't be so difficult. By experience, most of the
trouble comes from OS differences.

I think I recall trying to compile GF on a 12-processor SGI/MIPS and there
were a few troubles I was having with that IRIX OS but the most trouble
was stemming from the fact that the math dept puts a 10M quota on every
account (!!!). I abandoned quickly but I don't recall why. Anyhow,
seeing "make -j15" run was quite impressive. ;-)