[PD] Debian packages on Sid - missing externals]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Aug 25 21:17:36 CEST 2004

On Aug 25, 2004, at 11:58 AM, guenter geiger wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Matthias Blau wrote:
>> IOhannes m zmoelnig schrieb:
>>> you have to add the path to the iemabs to your command-line options:
>>> "-path /usr/lib/pd/iemabs" (or similar, cannot remember)
>>

> Yes, there are no abstractions in the external package. I will put it
> on my todo list, but no promises, I am currently pretty overloaded with
> work. I am not sure if this can be considered as a bug, as pd-externals
> should be externals, not abstractions.

Actually, related to the earlier discussion of the two types of
abstractions, I think that it would make a lot of sense to put the
external objects written in Pd (like the iemabs abstractions) into the
pd-externals package since they are externals written in Pd.  This
should be done as part of the general externals build system so that
its the same on all platforms.  I might find some time to do this since
I am working on the MacOS X and Windows installers right now.

.hc