[PD] random seed

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 26 05:04:19 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I wonder if this is still a problem.  I just tried 'random' in linux, gave
it a seed (123), got a seqence out, seeded it again with 123, got the same
sequence out, seeded it with 234, got a different sequence.  Have any
of you found that you get the same sequence from 'random' having fed
it two different (integer) seeds !?  This would be wrong.