[PD] GEM BUGS

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 26 12:56:07 CEST 2004

López José Alejandro wrote:
> UNDER FEDORA I RUN GEM. THE PIX_FILM AND PIX_VIDEO DON'T WORK. ALSO THE FULL
> SCREEN FUNCTION DOES NOT ALLOW TO USE THE OTHERS WINDOWS, SO IT IS NOT EVEN
> POSSIBLE TO ACTIVATE THE RENDER BUTTON

your CapsLock is locked.
please unlock it

what do you mean by "do not work"
do they crash ?
do you understand them ?
have you compiled Gem yourself?
which decoding-library is Gem compiled against ? (yes, you can compile
without any movie-decoder so you will not be able to play-back movies;
but this is not a problem of Gem itself)
how do you know that [pix_video] is not working ?
have you connected a camera to your computer ?
have you loaded the video4linux-drivers ?
does any other application recognize your video-in ?

what is wrong with fullscreen mode ? it says "fullscreen" and not "big
screen"
do you know how to controll pd-patches without having a GUI ?
Gem does not know of a "render button" - if you have created a window
and then send a "1" to the [gemwin] object, rendering is started. if you
see a render-button, this is solely a little helper someone has created
for you. try to think of possibilities to send "1" to [gemwin] without
pressing a button.
and to prevent another bug-report that reports no bug, please start
immediately to think about how to destroy your window after you have
finished your work

mfg.ads.wr
IOhannes

PS: life can be so tiresome...