[PD] pdp 0.13 update [test report]

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Thu Aug 26 20:47:42 CEST 2004

hi lazzaro,

> PDP: pure data packet
> PDP: version 0.13.0 (pf)
> error e_file loading pdp's puredata support module
> /usr/lib/pdp/script/image.pf:3: e_file: /usr/lib/pdp/plugins/image.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory

probably it did not find libtile when trying to build image.so

maybe try 'ldconfig' after the './configure && make && make install' in
libtile, before you compile pdp plugins.

please let me know if this fixes the problem, then i will add it
automaticly.

> and if I try to run (random chosen) the pdp_plasma.pd patch (5.reference)
> when I bang on the pdp_plasma object I read this message:
>
> error converting image/P411/16/320/240/3 (155) to bitmap/yv12/*
> <runtime>: e_undef: unbound symbol 'convert'
> in primitive throw

this is because the 'image.so' is not loaded. it has the image conversion
routines.

thanks for the report, lazzaro.

just a small remark. the libtile 'codelets.so' library has a hardcoded
path /usr/local/lib/codelets.so (one of the bugs from frank's email) which
i can't just remove atm.

if you install to another prefix, please make sure
/usr/local/lib/codelets.so exists (by copying or linking)

sorry for that one, but i will fix it in a couple of days together with
some other build problems for libtile.

cheers
tom