[PD] play midi file

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Aug 27 19:18:21 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Christian Klotz hat gesagt: // Christian Klotz wrote:

> for me there still remains one question. after getting xeq to work. how
> can I do a playback of a midi file which uses instruments?

xeq/seq just convert a midi file to numbers (as you would get from
notein and relatives). To play them you can use every instrument
inside of Pd, that you have or have developed. I may recommend the
fluid~ externals by Larry Troxler and yours truly, which is a
soundfont player using the fluidsynth library. It's a bit tricky to
compile, though. You first need to compile "flext", then
"libfluidsynth" (if you're on Linux, with "--disable-ladspa") and then
the fluid~ external.

flext and fluid~ are available in the CVS, libfluidsynth on
www.fluidsynth.org rsp. http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=fluid

Ciao