[PD] Re: compiling fluid~ external on osx

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Aug 29 15:10:48 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Christian Klotz hat gesagt: // Christian Klotz wrote:

> >>make: *** No rule to make target `pd-darwin/fluid~.pd_darwin', needed
> >>by `all'.  Stop.
> >
> has anybody ever tried to get the fluid~ external working on OS X?
> Would be great!

Well, there is an error in the makefile for Darwin somewhere. The
Linux makefile works, though. In the end, this is what is called on
Linux:

g++ -c -O6 -mcpu=pentiumpro -DPD  -I/usr/include/src -I/usr/lib/pd/flext fluid/main.cpp -o pd-linux/fluid.o
g++  -shared  pd-linux/fluid.o -lm -L/usr/local/lib -lfluidsynth -lreadline /usr/lib/pd/flext/flext.a   -o pd-linux/fluid.pd_linux
mv pd-linux/fluid.pd_linux pd-linux/fluid~.pd_linux
rm pd-linux/fluid.pd_linux pd-linux/fluid.o

The paths probably are something else on OS-X, also the linking step
("g++ -shared ... ") works different on OS-X. It seems to need:
"-bundle -bundle_loader /usr/local/pd/bin/pd -flat_namespace"

Maybe you can input the two modified commands by hand, without using
the makefile at all for now.

Ciao