[PD] looking for a "list delay/accum"

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Tue Aug 31 17:36:15 CEST 2004

hiya,

...I'm needing an object that acts kind of like a delay for a list (a 3
element vector, really)...I found [listfifo] in maxlib, but it doesn't
exactly do what I'm wanting...which is that it should accept a number
for how many lists to accumulate (say "hold 3")...then it "soaks up"
three lists with no output, but on the fourth input it outputs the
first, fifth input outputs the second, etc.  One important thing here
is that it accepts a list message (ie. [1 2 3< ) and doesn't require a
"bang" to output or accumulate...

...matju coded up a 6-line ruby idea last nite, but I just wanted to
make sure I'm not overlooking something else:  plus I may be motivated
to try and create an external for it!

thanx,
james