[PD] looking for a "list delay/accum"

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 31 18:26:45 CEST 2004

Hallo,
James Tittle II hat gesagt: // James Tittle II wrote:

> ...I'm needing an object that acts kind of like a delay for a list (a 3
> element vector, really)...I found [listfifo] in maxlib, but it doesn't
> exactly do what I'm wanting...which is that it should accept a number
> for how many lists to accumulate (say "hold 3")...then it "soaks up"
> three lists with no output, but on the fourth input it outputs the
> first, fifth input outputs the second, etc.  One important thing here
> is that it accepts a list message (ie. [1 2 3< ) and doesn't require a
> "bang" to output or accumulate...

I made one, but I needed the msgfile external from zexy and used
prepend, which can be replaced if the list length is known.

With a bit more work, probably msgfile could also be replace by a
[textfile] construction. Nevertheless the approach in my patch could
be used with [listfifo] as well, I think, if it would allow a
"set"ting of the fifo size. I think, this would be a nice addition to
[listfifo]

Ciao