[PD] compiling fluid~ external on osx

Christian Klotz list_pd at deviation.de
Wed Sep 1 17:26:19 CEST 2004

hi again,

> Well, there is an error in the makefile for Darwin somewhere. The
> Linux makefile works, though. In the end, this is what is called on
> Linux:
>
> g++ -c -O6 -mcpu=pentiumpro -DPD  -I/usr/include/src
> -I/usr/lib/pd/flext fluid/main.cpp -o pd-linux/fluid.o
as I mentioned last time, this cmd works.

> g++  -shared  pd-linux/fluid.o -lm -L/usr/local/lib -lfluidsynth
> -lreadline /usr/lib/pd/flext/flext.a   -o pd-linux/fluid.pd_linux

I changed it to

g++  -bundle -bundle_loader /usr/local/bin/pd -flat_namespace
pd-darwin/fluid.o -lm -L/usr/local/lib -lfluidsynth -lreadline
/usr/local/lib/pd/flext/flext.a   -o pd-darwin/fluid.pd_darwin

now I recognized a missing link named flext.a, which was now created
after reinstalling flext. But there still remains the aborting of
compilation. this time the following error msg appears:

ld: can't locate file for: -lreadline

but /usr/local/lib/pd/flext/flext.a is existing?

Does anybody know a solution?

cheers
---
Christian Klotz
Kunsthochschule Kassel / School of Arts Kassel ::digitalpool