[PD] Data structure arrays: plotting and editing "w"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Sep 2 06:03:05 CEST 2004

On Aug 30, 2004, at 4:58 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:
>
>> Editing of "data" using the mouse is awkward to say the least... I'm
>> still
>> looking for ways to make it more usable.  To change "y", you should be
>> able to click 1/2-way batween the upper vertex and the lower vertex
>> that
>> describes a point havin both "y" and "w".
>
> I found out now that I cannot edit y with mouse, if the array element
> was defined having y as first field.
>
> This will not let me edit y, only w:
>
>  [struct elem float y float x float w]
>  [struct something array elements elem]
>
> whereas this allows edits of y as well:
>
>  [struct elem float x float y float w]
>  [struct something array elements elem]
>
> I suppose this is a bug somehow, or am I required to use a certain
> order by design?

Just an FYI: I wrote a help file for this.  Its in the CVS
doc/pddp/scalar-help.pd  I tried to figure out the behavior and
document it.  Feel free to correct it or add to it.  Or I will when I
get a chance...

I couldn't get anything with Alt-clicking working on MacOS X.

____

it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."

                                                     - Thomas Jefferson