[PD] PD 0.38 test 4 released

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Sep 3 07:02:42 CEST 2004

Works on my machine, nice.  A couple comments:

- Why Tcl/Tk 8.4.4?  Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 seems to have a lot of worthwhile
improvements.

- The Alt key doesn't work for me.  Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 might help?

- The Pure Documentation menu item needs to be fixed.  I think a good
way to solve this would be to make the Help menu a set of nested menus
like this:

Help-|
      |-1.manual
      |-2.control.examples-|
      |                    |-00.INTRO.txt
      |                    |-01.PART1.hello.pd
      |                    |-...

      |-3.audio.examples-|
      |                  |-A00.intro.pd
      |                  |-...

      |-4.fft.examples-|
      |                |-00.INTRO.txt
      |                |-...

      |-...

Each individual file would then be opened with menu_doc_open.  This
could be auto-generated from the Makefile or within Tcl with a loop.
It would be the same on all platforms.  Opening the manual's index.htm
would be easy on MacOS X, you can just {exec open index.htm} and it
will open the web page in the default browser.  I will do this unless
someone else really wants to.

.hc